Buying a home is the largest investment most people ever make. It's also one of the best.The satisfaction of a freshly cut lawm, enjoying the aroma of a home cooked meal, being greeted by your
7 Things To Do Before House Hunting
Dated: March 23 2020
House hunting can be overwhelming, especially if you’re a first time buyer. It’s exciting and exhausting at the same time. How do you even know where to start in the process? If you’re jumping into the real estate market, here are 7 things to do before you start house hunting:
1. KNOW YOUR CREDIT SCORE! Your credit score in particular is important because only two things determine the interest rate you get on your mortgage: the amount of your down payment and your credit score.
2. MAKE A BUDGET! You should decide ahead of time what amount you’re comfortable with paying per month for your mortgage. Then go to your bank for your pre-qualification letter.
3. MAKE A LIST OF NEEDS, WANTS, & MUST-HAVES! Before you look at any houses, make a list of your needs, must-haves, and wants.This will also be helpful for your realtor to reference as well.
4. CHOOSE YOUR LOCATION! If you aren’t sure about your specific location, spend some time in the areas you’re interested in at different times of the day to get a feel for the area. Good times to visit are rush hour times and nighttime.
5. HAVE AN EMERGENCY FUND! Houses mean constant maintenance, even if you buy new. You don’t want to be caught without heat in the dead of winter just because you can’t afford to fix your furnace.
6. CHECK YOUR EMOTIONS AT THE DOOR! Buying a house is an emotional process, but do your best to keep your emotions out of it before you make a hasty and unwise decision about a house that’s financially out of your reach.
7. SELECT A KNOWLEDGEABLE REALTOR at Maurer Real Estate Group Inc. You want someone who will stand up for you in the final walk-through or at the closing table if something doesn’t go right. A good realtor can point out problems with potential homes before you get too attached to them.
Give us a call; we'd love to help!