House hunting can be overwhelming, especially if you’re a first time buyer. It’s exciting and exhausting at the same time. How do you even know where to start in the process? If you;
12 Expensive Mistakes Homeowners Can Make
A home is the single largest purchase most people ever make, but if you’re a newbie to real estate transactions, it can also be one of the most confusing. With so much money on the table, it’s crucial to know how to protect your assets during the home buying process.
Here are 12 Expensive Mistakes to Avoid:
1. Not working with a Buyer's Agent. (contact us, we'd love to help you find exactly what you are looking for!)
2. Failing to negotiate the sales price.
3. Not cleaning up bad credit.
4. Buying a fixer-upper (unless you are truly prepared for it!)
5. Buying "As-Is" without inspections.
6. Getting the wrong loan.
7. Having a change of heart (especially after you place an offer)
8. Overestimating your budget. ( It's a good idea to get pre-approved for a loan)
9. Buying a house on emotion.
10. Making a small down payment (shoot for 20%)
11. Talking to only one lender.
12. Skipping the walk-thru.
Avoid these and other mistakes by working with a trained and experienced agent at Maurer Real Estate Group Inc. We would be honored to help you with the process.
Latest Blog Posts
Once again, millennials took the lead as the largest group (37%) of home buyers in 2019 and the trend will continue in 2020. What is a millennial exactly? Millennials are described as anyone born